Chairperson/MSU Foundation Professor
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1999
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1994
B.S. Electrical Engineering (Diploma) National Technical University of Athens, Greece 1993
Electrical and Computer Engineering
John Papapolymerou’s research interests are in the areas of RF/microwave/mm-wave/THz circuits, antennas and packaging for wireless communication systems, sensors and radars. His current projects include the utilization of additive manufacturing techniques for three-dimensional RF circuits and modules, the development of cost effective packaged RF modules for high power applications, as well as the development of thin nanomagnetic materials for high frequency applications. He served as the Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters from 2012-2015 and currently serves as the General Co-Chair of the 2021 IEEE International Microwave Symposium.
- D. Thompson, O. Tantot, H. Jallageas, G. Ponchak, M. Tentzeris and J. Papapolymerou, “Characterization of Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Material and Transmission Lines on LCP Substrates From 30-110 GHz,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1343-1352, April 2004.
- C. Patterson, T. Thrivikraman, A. Yepes, S. Begley, S. Bhattacharya, J. Cressler and J. Papapolymerou, “A Lightweight Organic X-Band Phased Array with Integrated SiGe Amplifiers and Phase Shifters,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 1, pp. 100-109, January 2011.
- C. Donado Morcillo, C. Patterson, B. LaCroix, C. Coen, J.D. Cressler and J. Papapolymerou, “An Ultra-Thin, High-Power and Multilayer Organic Antenna Array with T/R Functionality in the X-Band,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 12-Part I, pp. 3856-3867, December 2012.
- W.T. Khan, A. Vera, A.C. Ulusoy, and J. Papapolymerou, “Packaging a W-Band Integrated Module with an Optimized Flip-Chip Interconnect on an Organic Substrate,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 1, pp. 64-72, January 2014.
- A. Vera, W.T. Khan, and J. Papapolymerou, “Orientation Study to Minimize Proximity Effects in Radiation Patterns of Dual Packaged mm-wave Antennas,” IET Antennas, Microwaves and Propagation, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 159-165, February 2015.
- F. Cai, Y.H. Chang, K. Wang, S. Pavlidis, W.T. Khan and J. Papapolymerou, “High Resolution Aerosol Jet Printing of D- Band Printed Transmission Lines on Flexible LCP Substrate,” presented at the 2014 IEEE International Microwave Symposium, Tampa, FL, June 2014.
To learn more about Michigan State University’s online master’s programs in engineering and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below to request information. You can also call us toll-free at (888) 351-8360.