Michigan State University holds numerous distinctions that only a select few institutions in the world have. We our highly ranked for research, academic excellence and for the employability of our graduates. Read more about our rankings and awards below.
Top 100 Global University
Source: U.S. News & World Report
World Universities 2018
Source: Times Higher Education
Universities in the United States
Source: The Wall Street Journal
in the Big Ten and in the nation for employability of graduates
Source: Times Higher Education’s “2017 Global University Employability Ranking”
America’s Best Colleges in 2019
Source: U.S. News & World Report”
Awards & Recognition
- Member of the Association of American Universities
As a member of the Association of American Universities, MSU holds a distinction that only 60 institutions across the U.S. and Canada have. We are widely regarded as a top research-intensive university in North America.
- BEACON National Science Foundation Science and Technology Innovation Center
MSU is home to BEACON, one of five highly coveted National Science Foundation Science and Technology Innovation Centers. The Bio/computational Evolution in Action Consortium brings together biologists, computer scientists, and engineers to study evolution in both natural and virtual settings and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
Accreditation and Memberships
- MSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Member of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Member of the Association of Graduate Schools and Council of Graduate Schools
- Member of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, and International Association of Universities
To learn more about Michigan State University’s online master’s programs in engineering and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below to request information. You can also call us toll-free at (888) 351-8360.