1. What technology platforms will be used in online courses?
Recorded video lectures and other course material will be delivered via the MSU Desire2Learn course website.
Instructors may also schedule live sessions via the Zoom platform.
2. How long are courses in the program?
On average, courses for both the Mechanical Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering programs last 14 weeks, with 3 hours of course time per week for each course.
3. How quickly can students expect faculty members to reply to questions?
Faculty usually respond within 48 hours.
4. What is your leave of absence policy?
Michigan State’s policies related to leave of absence can be found on the registrar’s page.
5. What GPA requirements are there for each program?
Both programs require students to maintain a cumulative grade–point average of at least 3.00 in the courses in the approved program of study.
6. Are the online engineering degrees the same as the degrees offered on campus?
Yes, the online courses at MSU cover the same material as their on-campus counterparts. Additionally, students who earn their engineering degree online will have the same degree as those who earn it by taking on-campus classes, and the degree itself will not differentiate between being earned online or not.
To learn more about Michigan State University’s online master’s programs in engineering and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below to request information. You can also call us toll-free at (888) 351-8360.